Google Ads, formerly known as Google AdWords, is a leading online advertising platform that most online businesses are using today. With Google ads running for your business, you can make your reach to your customers over different platforms. It provides you with a wider reach to your users which means more customers coming to you. Google Ads is a powerful tool for promoting your business and reaching potential customers online. Google Ads allows you to create online ads that appear at the top of Google search result pages to reach your potential customers over the internet. This helps you to target relevant and specific keywords and geographic locations to reach your desired audience.
How to start working with Google ads?
Working with Google Ads requires you to create a Google Ads account and set up your campaign. You can choose from a variety of ad formats such as text-based ads, display ads, and video ads, and personalize your targeting to ensure that your ads reach the right people. It’s important to regularly monitor and optimize your campaign to ensure you make the most out of your advertising spend. With Google Ads effectively, you can easily direct traffic to your website, increase brand recognition, and grow your business.
The working of Google AdWords is explained in three stages:
- Setting up a campaign: The process starts when an advertiser creates a Google Ads account to sets up a campaign while defining their objective of creating the campaign, selecting a particular target audience, defining ad groups, and implementing keywords.
- Ads appear to relevant users: Once you have set up the campaign, Google will display these ads to users searching for relevant keywords or checking out relevant websites. Google uses complex algorithms to identify what ads to present what set of users.
- Users click on the ad: If a user finds your ad relevant, they will click on it. Each time a user clicks on an ad, they will land on to your website or landing page. The advertiser pays a certain amount for the click. This cost per click varies with factors like the advertiser’s bid, competition, and relevance of your ad.
How do you set up a Google ads campaign?
- If you don’t already have a Google Ads account, create one by signing up with your Google account.
- Google Ads offers several types of campaigns, such as search, display, shopping, video, and app. Pick one that perfectly aligns with your advertising goals.
- Determine what you want to acquire with the ads campaign. You can define whether you want to drive website traffic, generate leads, or increase sales.
- Decide the people you want to see your ads. You can choose factors like location, language, demographics, interests, and behavior.
- Determine the amount you want to spend on your campaign and your bid on keywords. You can go with a daily budget, a total budget, or a bidding strategy.
- Build ad groups that focus on particular themes or products. Each and every ad group should consist of a set of keywords, ads, and landing pages.
- Present your ads with attention-grabbing headlines, descriptions, and good images. Ad formats vary with the campaign type; however, they have text, images, videos, or shopping listings.
- Don’t forget to set up conversion tracking and evaluation to track the success of your campaign. Use Google Analytics to monitor website traffic, conversion rates, and other metrics.
- Once you set up your campaign, launch it, and regularly monitor the performance. Use the received data to make adjustments and optimize a campaign for getting better results.